Royal Vihara was constructed in 1511 with Phra Mueangkaew, King of Chiang Mai City, being kind enough to build it on east side of Phrathat Hariphunchai. Renovation of Royal Vihara of Master Srivichai was to apply Rattanakosin architecture leading larger size of Royal Vihara.
Building plan was made in rectangular layout influenced layout in Rattanakosin Era such as ubosot of Wat PhrasrirattanaSasadaram, Wat Sraket Woramahavihan, and Wat Rajsittharam etc.
Building structure was changed from woodworks to reinforced concrete in the main structure that was quickly built such as mast, crossbeam and shaft because of numerous capital and royal craftsmen leading to the works in a perfect mixture between local craftsmen and royal craftsmen.
Roof was tiled with glazed tiles to decorate pediment influenced by central region.
Masts inside Vihara were special as they had square-round shape decorated with stained glass as patterns like in Central region also.
Inside Vihara placed three large lacquered and golden Buddha Images and many middle-size metal-molded Buddha images in Lanna Kingdom. What was important in this Royal Vihara was “PhraKaewKhao” or “ Phrasetangkamaneesri Hariphunchai” placed in the canopy.